Film director Jung Byung-gil has opened his first-ever solo exhibition in Busan, unveiling some 30 paintings from the early years of his career, which highlight his artistic inspiration beyond the world of cinema.
The exhibition, “Freedom. Dream. Movie,” opened at the Start Plus gallery in Busan on Sunday, coinciding with the 2023 Busan International Film Festival. Some of Jung's works at the exhibition hint at the contents of the director’s upcoming film, including the narrative of characters in the movie.
After making his debut with the documentary film “We are Actors” in 2008, Jung directed action-thriller films that include “Confession of Murder,” “The Villainess” and “Carter.”
- Jeju's autonomy is model for Western Sahara: Morocco
- [HIT Forum]Space forum sees opportunities beyond our 'pale blue dot'
- Samsung Electronics tips Q3 operating profit to plunge 78% on semiconductor losses
- Samsung Electronics forecasts Q3 rebound
- German envoy calls for enhanced security cooperation with S. Korea
- Hanwha at forefront of Korea’s space leadership
- The 2023 Seoul Fantastic Beer Festival
- Dawn begins mandatory military service